Is this a done deal, or can it be stopped somehow?

This is far from a done deal. The developer (Village Retirement Group) will need to lodge a Development Application (DA) with Council to have the land use changed from recreational open space to aged care facility which is currently strictly prohibited under Council’s own Master Plan. You can lodge an official objection to the DA which Council must consider when voting.