Fundraising Gala Dinner – What a success!!
What an amazing night of community as we raised funds for the Save North Lakes Golf Course Inc campaign. This Fundraising Gala Dinner was organised by Melissa McGlinn, Melissa Bradbury and Samantha Waldron and last night over 150 guests packed the North Lakes Hotel function centre for great food, auctions, raffles and to listen to our special guest speakers.
Our State MP Chris Whiting addressed the crowd as did our Federal Member for Petrie, Mr Luke Howarth. Our special guest speaker was ex-Councillor Yvonne Barlow who was instrumental in the creation of the DCP for North Lakes. Her experience and reasoning behind the development of North Lakes including our “green lungs” Golf Course gives us important knowledge and insight to continue the fight against the development of our open space into high density units by the Village Retirement Group.
The night continued with auction items supplied by very generous businesses here in North lakes. These included:
- $500 Travel Voucher – by Cei Crighton, MTA Travel.
- Golf Ball Pyramid containing 204 balls – by Mortgage Power.
- Koala Painting “Surprise” – by Janeen Fedrick, Artist.
- Jonathan Thurston Photo – Originally signed – supplied by the Memorabilia Man.
- One Night Accommodation Package including buffet breakfast for two by North Lakes Hotel.
- Special mention to our auctioneer for the night, Mark White from Remax North Lakes.
Hundreds of raffle tickets were sold and many local businesses donated items such as massages, food and much much more. We’d like to thank these businesses for their generosity. After the formalities were over, the community hit the dance floor.
Special thanks and mention again to our organisers for the night, Mel M, Mel B and Sam as well as Katrina Daff and Colleen Callander for their help. A big thank you to everyone who came and made the night such a success. It is still too early to tell you exactly how much was raised, but we will let you know next week in the newsletter.
A few photos from the night: